Feb 4, 2009

Yup, it's snowing again....that's 174.5" so far this Winter for our area...It was a good day to stay inside and sew. Sew Mama Sews is featuring a month of fat quarter projects....Couldn't resist this little doll blanket as another opportunity to practice stippling (which I still need lots of practice at..) This is the fat quarter back I had on hand.
The top was made entirely out of my scrap bag. Ü

Yesterday, I just happened to be making more baby shoes for my grand neice. When I checked in at Sew Mama Sews, it was their first fat quarter project for the month! (For once I was ahead of the game...) They do have some very cute shoes pictured at their post and some other pattern options.
She had outgrown the last pair I made her so I enlarged the pattern by 10%.
I don't think I'll be able to keep up with them all month, but check it out for yourself. Little projects like these make me so happy.

2 comments:

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

love the bananas and monkey fabric together... perfect!
I just found your blog and have to say that i've enjoyed looking through your posts at all your crafts and quilts.
then i checked out your profile... we must be kindred spirits... i know 7 brides for 7 brothers by heart! my all time favorite (my 7 year olds favorite also)!!
have a wonderful day!

Lara said...

Evelyn is LOVING her new baby shoes! She is wearing the purple ones today--I'll try to snap a photo to share with you. Thank you so much!!!

Also--love how the banana blanket turned out! Soooo cute!