Mar 13, 2009

Color Project

Not blogging much because I've been working on projects. Our local quilting guild had a brown bag exchange of a piece of fabric. Our presentation this past month was on the color wheel. I received a blue fat quarter. Using my color wheel, I picked an analogous split-complimentary with ALOT of guidance from Kathryn at Alley Kats Quilt Shop. (Color is very difficult for me.)The guild has a lending library. I had checked out this book. There was a Bursting Star Block in here I was hoping would work well for this project.
Ta Da! My color project! Ü We were asked to make them into Teddy Bear Quilts for a chartiy project. After it's quilted and bound, you'll probably see this again.

Since it is Friday, here are two links to some simple ideas:
This one is for St. Patrick's Day, a pretzel and chocolate shamrock.
The new issue of Knitty is out and this shawl pattern is so lovely!

6 comments:

Lisa @ Life with 4! said...

the blue is striking in that block. beautiful!

Liz said...

I. Love. That. Star! I stink when it comes to color and often rely on help. But you did an amazing job on that. It may be my favorite of all the thing you've made so far.

Maggie said...

Beautiful star! I also made a quilt from that book, and I'm sewing the binding down now. I love how quickly everything comes together with the pre cut strips.

Philigry said...

oh, i will have to check out knitty!
i love your star! something i have not tried yet.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Gorgeous star - it really shines!

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

Love, love the star very much! I've been thinking of making a wall hanging in blues and white for some time now. Seeing your star has given me new inspiration.