Jul 22, 2010

Early Bird

I first saw these earring holders over at Handmade Mommy's blog. Her tutorial is here.

This is a great gift idea for using scraps of fabric. It involves no sewing. I made my first two following the tutorial exactly.
The next three I used foamcore and pins. A friend showed me how to do this. It makes a great difference in how nicely it stretches and stays in place.

Instead of the glass, use foamcore cut just slightly small than the glass in the frame. (I'm sure a local frame shop would help you with this.) The pins just slide in.

My daughter wants to make some for her friends for Christmas too.

Using a larger frame, you could have two or three rows of ribbon for hanging earrings on.
I have seen this done with screening attached to the frame, and over at

5 comments:

Sandra Henderson said...

Wonderful idea! You are going to have the best Christmas ever!
While we're all running around, you'll be sipping eggnog by the fire. :)

Kim Bates said...

Those are so fun! I've wanted to try this, too- thanks for the tips!

Judith Tetley said...

Oh my...these are gorgeous!!! What a great way to; not only store earrings but to enjoy them as a Home Decor item as well.
Great project.
Kind Regards
Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

Liz said...

Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marcia,

Just checked out your blog. This is a really neat idea and I love the foamcore. You are always busy, busy doing something. Joanie