Oct 18, 2010

MCQA Quilt Show 2010


Our local quilt guild hosted a quilt show this weekend in our community. There were over 200 quilts in the show. The following is just a sample of some that caught my eye....

This one incorporated quiltshow ribbons!

This one had been a blotto challenge from last year. Chris won these blocks, and did a super job of putting them together.

Theresa, called this wall hanging "Letting Go". The colors in my photo are not as vivid as the quilt. She said she made it right after she retired.

cool moose!


Our guild participated in a Lenore Crawford workshop this past year. There were quilts here by Lenore Crawford herself. This one was made by a gal in our guild at that workshop

Some guild members worked with a local classroom to make self portrait quilts. This little girl came to the show to see her's. She is the one on the top with the flower in her hair. So sweet!

This is another Blotto quilt. I have a block in here, but was not the lucky winner.

I LOVE the whimsy of this quilt block. Just look at those tumbling snowman hats!
It is amazing to see all the different styles of quilts from vintage to art. Now we can all rest till 2012! I've learned that I didn't keep good enough records of pattern, quilter, etc. Info that goes on registering a quilt at a show. I'm set up now to keep track of all those little details. I had three quilts in the show, but none of them for judging.
It was a great weekend filled with demonstrations and vendors. (I did a little shopping too!)





No comments: