Feb 4, 2011

Back At It!

I've been checking in on blogs, but not blogging much myself lately. Trying to do better...
Recently went on a WONDERFUL quilt retreat. These pics were taken with my I phone.
Rapid River is my favortie quilt retreat site. Twelve of us had a great time.

Under those lights, are three sets of sliding glass doors that look out on a river. (Beautiful)

We ate really well too! Such a big, comfortable setting to visit and be creative!

One of the things I did work on (and am totally hooked on right now) is the This & That pattern-Abby's Treasure Box. Made as directed, it is a tiny cosmetic (whatever) bag. The great thing about this bag is that it only takes 12 charm squares and some extra fabric for the lining. By cutting the same number of charms 1/2" bigger than directed it makes a bag size that I personally finde more usuable and yet still only uses the 12 charms! Great way to use up those left over charms. Would make great little gifts (especially filled with a few "treasures").
(More quilt retreat projects to follow)

No comments: