Oct 26, 2011

Pillows

This is a Buttermilk Basin Embroidery that I made a pillow out of for my couch. It sits opposite the one I did last year. Hope to someday have enough pillow covers to update the living room for each Season...


This Christmas pillow is from the latest Art to Heart Book, Jingle All The Way. I don't have the peppermint buttons on it yet and not really sure I'm going to. This pattern would be so great done up with photos instead of solid blocks and different words on the front....a memory pillow, baby pillow, engagement or wedding pillow with LOVE on it......soooo many possibilities!



I've been wanting to try my hand at putting a zipper on the back of my pillow. It's hard to see in this picture (sorry), but I'm lifting up the flap hiding the zipper. Erin at House on Hill Road did a 17 minute video that walked me right through it. I watched for a few minutes, paused and did what she said - step by step-It was easy and very fun. No more lap over the backs for me. It takes less fabric to cover a back this way.





No comments: