Dec 3, 2007

Baby quilt

I made this quilt using the Yellow Brick Road Pattern. I took a class at a local quilt shop. It was a five week class. We picked out our fabrics in week one, began cutting our blocks week two and sewing them together. Week three we layed the blocks out in the order we wanted. Week four the machine quilter talked to us about quilting. Week five we learned to apply the binding. There is always something to learn. This is a baby quilt (obviously). Some women made twin and even a king sized quilt in the class.
I fell in love with this Mother Goose pattern. Here is a close up shot. Aren't the three blind mice too cute? I think this is going into my grandma box for someday.

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

ADORABLE!

Amanda Jean said...

I love that quilt! the yellow brick road pattern is fantastic...so versitile.