May 6, 2008

Retreat Projects

Don't look at the "bed head" (my hair always looks bad in the morning...), but check out another pair of vintage sheet p.j. pants. I had them cut out and just sewed them at the retreat. I made another that day. If you haven't made some yet, I would strongly encourage it. They are very comfy. It was too cool to sit outside and do any hand sewing, but beautiful to look out the windows at the river.Besides these two onsie dresses, I made 8 wonder wallets, an apron, and a table runner. Most of my projects were already cut out and taking up space in my sewing room. Good thing a few things got made cause there was a little shopping that went with the weekend...
This is most of my "shop the hop" loot from Friday morning. I fell in love with the table runner kit from Pine Street Quilts, and put it together right away. I bought a table runner/hot pad charm pattern, a tote pattern, and fabric to make a checkbook cover to match my wonder wallet. I also got some fabric, not pictured, for a wall hanging. I think I showed great restraint...could've been the day I spent digging through all the waiting projects in my "packed" sewing room to find to take to the retreat....
This is my scrappy quilt-paper pieced. I completed three more blocks and sewed them all together. I'm thinking with a few borders and backing it is almost done. It's destination is our NICU.
I used this free pattern for my foundation blocks. It would be the perfect size to make hot pads out of scraps with too.

We had a White Elephant event that was very fun. I ended up with a bag of wonderful vintage fabrics! I'm really looking forward to another quilt retreat someday.





7 comments:

Kristi said...

those dresses are sweet, and I love that scrappy quilt! good job! so nice to get stuff done. I need to do some of that around here!

sewtakeahike said...

Hi Marcia,
I absolutely love the quilt! The color combo you chose is amazing! You sure got a lot done at your retreat, I bet it feels good! Where were you by the way, the deck by the river looks glorious....

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

Thanks for showing the pictures Marcia. Great to see you got some work done and even did a bit of shopping.

Oiyi said...

Wow, you are so productive with your sewing. I am loving your quilt.

Philigry said...

oh, i just love everything you did! you got some much done. that quilt top is beautiful, and i love, love your pants!

Elizabeth said...

That sounds like one productive (and fun) retreat! I love your pajama pants too.

Amy Jo said...

Love the quilt top. The location of the retreat looks FANTASTIC. Absolutely beautiful. And I love the sheet lounge pants. Also love your description of yourself - short and round - I can relate - it describes me perfectly.!! The pants look comfy cozy!!!