May 18, 2009

Summer Quilting

I bought these Posh fabric during our recent Shop the Hop. It took no time at all to get the fat quarters cut up. The hard part for me is mixing it all up for the quilt...
I had this past weekend off and spent a large part of it working on my quilt. I'm not sure about the quilting part yet. I'm thinking I'll have this one quilted by a local long arm quilter. Then I'll bind it. My little embroidery project is done too. This whole thing started because of the lovebird embroidery I did quite some time ago now.

There are two smaller pillows to cover yet that will complete the set...I think they will just be patch worked together. I'll leave these out till Fall when I hope to have another small quilt completed with new pillow covers. That way I can "change up" things a little around here.

2 comments:

Philigry said...

oh, i love it all! the quilt is going to be so beautiful!

Liz said...

The fabrics you chose are beautiful. I need to get up there this summer so you can introduce me to all your wonderful shops!