Using scraps, I cut 9 blocks 4 3/4" floral print and white print (9 each). Using the method I learned at Sandra's Blog, The Cumberland Island Quilt Chick, I sewed a 1/4 inch seam around all blocks. I quartered each block diagonally
Pressed the seams toward the darker fabric the cut off the seam where is came over the edge of my fabric. (Using 4 3/4" blocks to begin with gave me four 3" half square triangles)
It is important that the pinwheels all "spin" in the same direction if you plan to
sew them together....I found this out the hard way and had to rip one out...
Once sewn together, the blocks were slightly larger than 5". I squared all mine
up to 5" blocks to sew together.It's been my weekend to work, so this little quilt isn't quite completed yet. My goal is to have a little doll quilt this week.
Thanks Sandra, for all the fun! I'm really lovin making pinwheels now.