Feb 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day. I hope your having a truly special day.Yes, I did have a blog address/name change. When I first set up my blog, I rushed into it and didn't have an address that matched my blog name. With the help of some fellow bloggers, I'm now the Blue Bobbin. My daughter made me a quick blue bobbin that I hope to replace at somepoint with something a little more whimsical. She just jumped right in and did it. Gotta love her!
This is my nine patch quilt with borders. How different it looks that the Trip Around The World Quilt I made with the same fabric collection. The red border really makes the flowers "pop". I have so much to learn about colors and quilting.

Thanks, to Amanda Jean, I have my blocks together with the sashing. Had I taken a picture, like she told us to, prior to sewing together, I would have avoided all those little blocks joining in the upper right hand corner. I have really learned alot through this whole process. Thanks Amanda Jean!





3 comments:

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

Found you. Wow, you already finished the sashing on the lap quilt. You did a good job Marcia. I still have to start on mine; at the moment I'm busy handquilting and knitting. I also find mixing different fabrics and colors one of the difficult things of quilting.

Amy Jo said...

Looks great, Marcia!!! Hope you're feeling better!

Bobbi said...

That looks SO GOOD! I can't wait to see how your borders tie it all together!

Man, I have a lot of catching up to do. :)