Feb 21, 2009

Glacier Glide

On Saturday, my sister-in-law and I went to Presque Isle (a park near us)

to view art that was out in the snow. Some of it was free standing, others hung in the trees. There were many exhibits. These are just a few of my favorites.


We have a community rich in the Native American culture.

This one just made me happy!


I love how the scarves look like they are keeping the tree warm!


The old railroad trellis is very close to my home. Ships pull up alongside working ones like this to fill their barges with iron ore from our area. It was snowing and overcast today, so the pictures didn't turn out as good as I hoped.

This same weekend was the UP 200, a dog sled race held in our community this time of year. This exhibit was very fun as it went along with the UP200 theme.

This dog said his head was in a warmer place!
"All bark and no bite". This dog was done out of birtch bark.
I just like how whimsical these two were.Here's how they all looked strung together like a "team". Very fun!

It was nice to get out and get some "fresh air"....I could just spend hours sewing and knitting...

No comments: